13 Little Blue Envelopes by Maureen Johnson

In about November last year I read a book called '13 Little Blue Envelopes' by Maureen Johnson. It  about a seventeen year old girl called Ginny who receives a letter from her aunt, Aunt Peg who lives in the East Village of New York. She lives above a greasy restaurant called the 4th Noodle. The letter tells her to pick up a package from her neighbor. The package contains 13 envelopes all addressed to Ginny and she can only open the next letter after she has done what the one before tells her to do. 

Inside the letter was money and instructions to buy an plane ticket.

Inside letter two is is instructions to a London flat.

Letter 3 tells Ginny to find a starving artist.


I really enjoyed the book and read it all the time. I recommended it to a number of my friends and they all loved it. It really is a page turner. I read it within a week (I think).